Harold Camping Exposed as a False Prophet - Again!:
Sept. 6, 1994; May 21, 2011; and now Oct. 21, 2011
By Chris Lawson (October 22, 2011)
The following news article was posted on the Christian Post website on Sun, Oct. 30 2011 12:20 PM EDT. This intro posting on our SRN website is for informational purposes only, as SRN does not endorse the Christian Post.
“Family Radio Founder Harold Camping Repents, Apologizes for False Teachings”
End of intro post. The SRN website article on Harold Camping is below.
Harold Camping - www.familyradio.com
The 1994 and 2011 False Prophet of Family Ministries, Inc.
"When the pastor and the teachers in a congregation teach the ideas of men - even though they may use biblical language and quote verses - if what they teach is not firmly based in the Word of God, then it is lies...."
- Harold Camping, 1994?, p.163.
If the world is still in existence after the end of 2011, we will know that there is still much more we can learn from the Bible."
- Harold Camping, Time Has An End, xxii.
When asked if contingency plans were being made when the September date failed, Camping responded "Of course not. There is no backup date. All we'll do is drop any more reference to 1994. Somehow an error was made. Maybe by that time we'll know what the error is."
- Harold Camping responding to Personal Freedom Outreach staff, Ready for Failure? The Further Prognostications of Camping Harold Camping Vol. 14, NO. 3, p.14.
Exposing the Worldwide Radio Broadcasting Network of False Prophet Harold Camping of Family Radio - www.familyradio.com.
Harold Camping, who years ago predicted Judgment Day to be in September 1994, has once again predicted the end of the world. This time Harold Camping has said that Judgment Day will be on May 21, 2011. May 21, 2011 is now here and Harold Camping is proved to be a false prophet again! Actually, today is the official confirmation date for Harold Camping to be a twice-over false prophet.
HAROLD CAMPING'S CONVINCED FOLLOWERS
Consider what Harold Camping follower Tom Holt from Pennsylvania has stated in no uncertain terms:
"This cannot be changed and was set up on this precise day, from all eternity, especially from Creation. The Bible makes clear that this entire Universe has been awaiting this very Day...
Jesus said several times that on this Day, Saturday, May 21st 2011, "many" who profess to be "Christians", who profess to know Him, will be shocked to discover they have not actually been saved, and thus will suffer the damnation of eternal death....you can see this, regarding the great shock of many on Judgment Day in Matthew 7:20-23, and in Matthew 25:1-12, etc. see II Thes 2:11...
Although some "kooks" have set dates for the 2nd Coming - often guided by [false] voices or visions, godly Bible teachers, like Martin Luther and Sir Isaac Newton, etc. knew that the actual text of Scripture displays the date of the End. And they knew that the Bible does NOT suggest that God's people cannot know this date of the End..." 
- Harold Camping follower, Tom Holt, PA. Brackets in original.
HAROLD CAMPING, FAMILY STATIONS, INC. AND FAMILY RADIO (FR) WORLDWIDE
Note also the Judgment Day graphics at the above right of this web page you are reading from. This is the JUDGMENT DAY - MAY 21, 2011 image/logo that has been emblazoned across Harold Camping's Family Radio.org website for all to see.
But who is Harold Camping, and what is he doing setting dates for the rapture of the church and judgment day?
Harold Egbert Camping is the president of Family Stations, Inc. This so-called ministry which is allegedly "Christian" is a California-based 501(c)3 organization based in Oakland, California.
Family Radio (FR) Worldwide has for years been using terrestrial stations, shortwave, and internet streaming in order to broadcast unbiblical teachings including Harold Camping's allegorical, mystical and numerology based false prophecies and strange teachings. Apparently "Camping is a full-time volunteer, serving without pay as President and General Manager."
The following is Harold Camping's Bio from his Time Has An End website:
Harold Camping – is a Bible scholar and well-known speaker, and host of a daily nationwide "live" television and radio "phone in" talk program, called the "Open Forum." He has been on the air since 1961, and is heard on about 150 radio stations, in such areas as: New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, Charleston, Jacksonville, Tampa, Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Des Moines, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Phoenix, and, Seattle. The Open Forum is also translated into many foreign languages and together with other Family Radio programming is broadcast worldwide via Short-wave, and a network of AM/FM stations. Additionally, most of this worldwide programming is aired by means of Internet (www.familyradio.com).
He is also the President and co-founder of the worldwide ministry of Family Radio, which he together with two others formed in 1958, as the non-profit ministry of Family Stations, Inc., and serves as a full-time volunteer.
In addition, Mr. Camping has authored about 30 books and booklets most of which are available free of charge from Family Radio. He has also appeared on many radio and TV programs, promoting his books, including the nationwide “Larry King Live” Show. 
ALLEGORY, NUMEROLOGY AND HYPER SPIRITUALIZING THE BIBLICAL TEXT
Something that Harold Camping does not come right out and say on his website or in his Bio ion his website is that he interprets the Bible using allegory, numerology, and the mystical spiritualization of biblical texts. Neglecting to interpret Scripture through the use of the literal, historical, grammatical method of interpreting Scripture, Mr. Camping's arrives at unbiblical and cultic misinterpretations of the Bible.
Furthermore, setting dates for Judgment Day, Christ's Second Coming, the Rapture, the Great Tribulation and/or the End of the World is foolish in the extreme. Yet Harold camping has done this - for the second time! Camping did this in 1994 when he falsely prophesied that Christ would return in September of 1994. The 1994? book to the right is Harold Camping's first failed attempt for setting the date of Christ's return and judgment day. Now May 21, 2011 is upon us and he is proved false again. What will it take for people to wake up and see that Harold Camping is a false prophet?
One wonders why Harold Camping would not only set dates once, but twice! Sadly, Harold Camping not only misrepresents the God of the Bible to no end, but he makes everyone who professes to follow Jesus Christ look like idiots before a non-believing world. It seems that Harold Camping did not learn the heavy lesson of being wrong the first time around when he tried to convince people that 1994 was the big year. The year 1994 came and went and since that time [and before] he has been recognized as a false prophet. Today he is recognized again and no doubt the news and media agencies will have a field day with it.
For more information about Camping's unbiblical hermeneutics [Science and art of interpreting Scripture] please refer to the resources at the end of this article.
CAMPING'S DECEITFUL PROTOCOL: "...DROP ANY MORE REFERENCE TO 1994."
Why did Harold Camping not learn the lesson the first time around? He has an agenda. Mr. Camping has given us the protocol of how he would deal with the false prophecy - after the fact, if his 1994 prophecy did not come to pass.
Quoting from the July-September 1994 edition of the Personal Freedom Outreach Journal which exposed Harold Camping in 1994 as a false prophet and a horrific interpreter of Scripture [The Bible], we find the following response which Harold Camping himself told Personal Freedom Outreach when Camping was asked about contingency plans if the September 1994 date did not happen:
Camping recently told PFO, '"You can rest assured that if, in that outside possibility that it doesn't happen, we'll be talking about it every night on the Open Forum [radio broadcast]." When asked if contingency plans were being made when the September date failed, Camping responded "Of course not. There is no backup date. All we'll do is drop any more reference to 1994. Somehow an error was made. Maybe by that time we'll know what the error is." 
[Brackets above in original. Bold used here for emphasis.]
PROPHESYING PRESUMPTUOUSLY IN THE NAME OF THE LORD
Contrary to what Harold Camping says, God's Word shines some serious light on how God views the false prophet. Although we are no longer in Old Testament times and people are not stoned for prophesying falsely, God's view on the subject is very, very clear:
20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. 21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? 22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. (Deut. 18:20-22)
Jesus was clear about watching out for false prophets:
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. (Matthew 7:15)
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold...24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. (Matthew 24:11-12, 24-25)
HAROLD CAMPING SAYS JUDGMENT DAY IS MAY 21, 2011
Bringing things more up to date, on Harold Camping's TIME HAS AN END book cover [to the right], the subtitle on the book cover reads:
A BIBLICAL HISTORY OF THE WORLD
11,013 BC - 2011 AD
The end of the world according to Harold Camping, is tomorrow/today, as the date of this web page publishing is May 20, 2011. [Right now it is May 21st in the Eastern hemisphere, and May 20th in the Western hemisphere.]
According to Camping, true Christians will be raptured on May 21, 2011. For everyone else left on earth, they will all come under the judgment of Christ for a period of five months. This five month period will supposedly end on October 21, 2011.
Here is what Harold Camping's date setting technique has led to in the mind of a devout follower of Harold Camping's unbiblical date setting and teachings:
According to The Holy Bible, Jesus Christ will return on May 21, 2011 - Judgment Day.
What will happen on May 21, 2011?
The Bible states in no uncertain terms that Jesus Christ's return is set for May 21, 2011. This is the day of the Rapture when Christ will gather His people to Heaven. It is also the start of Judgment Day, the time when God will bring an end to this world because of mankind's sin. The world will remain in the Day of Judgment for 5 months (153 days) and God will annihilate it October 21, 2011...
On this day the “catching up” of all those who have become saved will occur. This is referred to as the Rapture. The Lord Jesus Christ - who is God, Creator and Ruler of all creation - will gather His people from the four corners of the earth and they will be forever with Him in Glory. Two hundred million people will be rescued on May 21, 2011. They are the elect - chosen by God to be saved - and their sins were paid for by Christ Himself and they come from “every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.”...
It is also the Day of Judgment. All those remaining, almost 7 billion people, will witness the Rapture but will also be left behind to die sometime during the final 5 months. Many will die on the first day from a great worldwide earthquake...
Of this 7 billion, those who will experience the most anguish and pain of being left behind are the 2 billion people who are still a part of the churches and congregations throughout the world on that day. This is about one third of earth's population. They have ignored God's command to “depart out” of the churches. For them, Christ will come as a “Thief in the Night.”...
The end of this 5 month “Day of Judgment” will be October 21, 2011. The world will end on this day and anyone still left alive will be annihilated, never again to “come into mind.” 
- President Bob James , Embedded Works LLC, Northern New Jersey Consulting - Real-time Embedded Firmware
See also the eBible Fellowship Judgment Day Tract for Judgment Day May 21, 2011 - PDF File
This link states clearly No man knows? Actually, the Bible reveals WE CAN KNOW at this time! 
FURTHER DECEPTIONS AND PROBLEMATIC ACTIVITIES OF HAROLD CAMPING
To further note, Harold Camping's strange teachings have led to some strange activity. One website exposing Harold Camping as a false prophet notes the following. 'Harold Camping's Heresies Exposed' by David Stewart states:
Harold Camping proclaimed the Lord's return would be in 1994!
Harold Camping now proclaims the Lord's return will be on May 21, 2011!
Harold Camping teaches that the world will end in fiery destruction on October 21, 2011!
Harold Camping (Family Radio) has aired Mormon advertisements!
Harold Camping taught that NO ONE was saved between 1988 through 1994!
Harold Camping teaches that the church age ended in 1994!
Harold Camping teaches that the Holy Spirit is NO LONGER working in the church!
Harold Camping teaches that EVERY church in the world is apostate! 
THE REAL JESUS CHRIST WARNED ABOUT FALSE PROPHETS LIKE HAROLD CAMPING
The words of Jesus Christ Himself prophetically and thoroughly rebuked Harold Camping 2000 years ago:
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down , and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them , I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquityy. Matthew . (Matthew 7:15-23)
By prophesying falsely, Harold Camping has revealed himself to be Pseudo-Christian cult leader, a "ravening wolf", a "false prophet," and a "worker of iniquity" who has brought forth "bad fruit" [false teaching]. According to Scripture hs is a deceiver who masquerades as a Christian but is clearly not doing "the will of God in heaven".
HAROLD CAMPING'S 'ONLY TRUE CHURCH SYNDROME'
Other doomsday cult leaders of the past revealed their true colors long before they ended up either in jail or had died. as a result of their doomsday teachings.
It appears that Harold Camping has not yet learned from the lessons of the past by others who have held their own personal Apocalyptic Cult Armageddon Complex. Here is a brief sampling of some men who thought they knew when the end would come, thought they were 'The Christ", thought they were the Messiah, or tried to bring about Armageddon:
- Jim Jones (Jonestown, Jim Jones and The People's Temple - Guyana)
- Vernon Howell aka David Koresh (Branch Davidians, Waco Davidians, Waco, Texas)
- Aum Shinrikyo (Aum Sect/Shoko Asahara - Japan)
- Charles Manson (The Manson Family - Helter Skelter murders)
- Marshall Herf Applewhite (Heaven's Gate aka "The Two", Human Individual Metamorphosis (HIM), "Te and Do" and Total Overcomers Anonymous")
- Adolf Hitler (Nazism, The Third Reich, Nazi death camps, immersed in the occult)
- and so many more...
All of the above leaders, INCLUDING Harold Camping, displayed/display what is commonly known as the mindset of The Only True Church Syndrome. Put into modern vernacular... "We are it man!", "We are the chosen ones!", "We are the only true church, all others are apostate!", "We are the ones that will be "saved" and all others go to hell!", "Our movement is God anointed!", etc.
HELP FOR THE HEARTBROKEN WHOM HAROLD CAMPING HAS DECEIVED
It is already 'tomorrow' in New Zealand and the other side of the world. The Rapture and Judgment Day have not occurred! Hopefully, Harold Camping's devoted followers will not follow him anymore after tomorrow [now today] - May 21, 2011.
Even more so, hopefully none will follow Harold Camping should he give any type of "self-elimination trumpet blast" [call to mass-suicide] when the world does not end by the last hour and minute on May 21, 2011.
If you are a Harold Camping follower and need help and the hope that is found in the biblical Jesus Christ, not Harold Camping's false teachings, the following suggestions listed on the Cult Watch New Zealand website are for you:
Here is some advice for those who believe that the 21st of May 2011 is actually going to be the rapture. We hope that you consider this advice carefully:
- Be prepared to accept that you are wrong. Many others have claimed to know the end of the world before now, and obviously they were wrong. They too misinterpreted Scripture, so if the rapture does not occur on the 21st of May 2011 then you will have joined their ranks. This will be a blow to your ego and some will find this failure very emotional. The best course of action is to prepare to be humble.
- Don't let this failure destroy your faith. The Bible was not wrong, you just interpreted it incorrectly. Harold Camping and his complex string of assumptions and fact fiddling has failed you, God's Word has not failed you.
- If you are not raptured on the 21st of May 2011, don't panic. It is not because you are a bad Christian, it is because the date is wrong. You'll find it hard to believe that something you held with such ardor and faith is erroneous, and so you will be prone to blame yourself. Don't fall into the trap of self condemnation, read Romans 8:1. Remember also that it will be extremely obvious when Jesus Christ returns, like lightning across the whole sky, there is no chance that anybody will miss it, Luke 17:24.
- Before the 21st of May 2011 do not do any of these things: do not sell your house and give the money away, do not stop paying bills, do not say anything you will regret to friends and family, don't quit your job, don't leave your loved ones. Don't do anything that will damage your life if the 21st of May 2011 proves not to be rapture day.
- Don't harm yourself or others. Some people who were convinced the end was coming have committed suicide or even hurt or killed others. We at Cultwatch don't believe any of Harold Camping's followers would do this. But understand that this sort of thing has happened before, and so it is prudent to talk about this unlikely possibility. If you think you might react in this way to the failure of the 21st of May 2011 date, then you need to let people know now. Do not be alone on the 21st and 22nd of May 2011. If you think there is any risk of you harming yourself or others, then be bold enough to speak out now. 
Emphasis added. Read full article: Harold Camping says the World is About to End - Epic Fail
images of other doomsday cult victims that listened to false prophets speaks volumes. Need we say more...
1. Christ will come on Saturday May 21, 2011; ...this is Judgement Day, according to Scripture: THE END IS COME, http://www.embeddedworks.com/ChristReturns/
2. About The Author www.timehasanend.org
4. What will happen on May 21, 2011? - Embedded Works LLC, President Bob James - Northern New Jersey Consulting - Real-time Embedded Firmware, http://www.embeddedworks.com/21May2011/
5. Judgment Day Tract for Judgment Day May 21, 2011, http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/
6. Harold Camping's Heresies Exposed - http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/harold_camping.htm
More Resources Exposing Harold Camping's False Teachings:
- Camping said Sept. 6 1994 would end the tribulation period - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT0Y2lxe00I
- Harold Camping’s Claim of Judgment Day May 21st Host: Vic Eliason, VCY America, 5/19/11, http://www.vcyamerica.org/crosstalkarchives
- Another False Doomsday Predictions To Discredit Christians by David Bay, Cutting Edge Ministries, 5/19/11
- Oops I Did It Again - The spread of Harold Camping's false mathematical prophecy by Mike Oppenheimer of Let Us Reason, 5/18/11
- Can Harold Camping Go Any Lower [PDF] by John S. Torrell, 5/16/11
- Harold Camping Stikes (Out) Again! by Sandy Simpson, 12/4/10
- Ready for Failure? The Further Prognostications of Camping Harold Camping, Personal Freedom Outreach Journal, Jul/Sep 1994, Vol. 14, NO. 3
- Harold Camping's Heretical Hermeneutic, Midwest Christian Outreach Journal, Spring 2011, Vol. 17, NO. 1, p.4-9, 18.
- Is Harold Camping and Family Radio a cult? by Got Questions.org
- Harold Camping Exposed - CARM [Matt Slick YOU TUBE video]
- Harold Camping: A Man With No Shame [PDF] by John S. Torrell